At J2 Health, we know that healthcare is complicated and falls short of what consumers deserve. J2 wants to change that by focusing on transforming a critical and underserved part of the healthcare ecosystem– provider networks.
Most Americans access care through a provider network, a set of doctors our insurance companies have contracted with to offer covered care. However, provider data is notoriously unreliable and disjointed, complicating how members access low cost, high quality care. Health care organizations often find themselves spinning their wheels trying to figure out which providers even exist in a specific geography.
Our accurate provider database and network simulation tools allow healthcare organizations to keep cost, quality & regulatory metrics at the forefront of their network design strategy. Expediting the basics, J2 Health allows health care organizations to focus on increasing access and delivering member specific care.
We, a team of industry insiders and technologists, recently raised a $4.5M seed round led by Primary Ventures, Tiger Global and BoxGroup. We are looking for like minded team members who are not afraid to get their hands dirty and interested in building a mission driven healthcare company.
- Help customers optimize their provider networks by conducting research projects that will generate novel insights and best practices
- Grow our knowledge base by proactively developing new data sets
- Ensure the company remains on the cutting edge by keeping up to date with the latest trends in machine learning and data science
- Drive results efficiently and effectively but working cross functionally with business, engineering, & product stakeholder
- 3+ years experience preferred in data science driven role
- Fluency with coding and an ability to mentor others in coding (SQL, python)
- Ability to think at a high level and work well with internal stakeholders to translate business needs into a data science roadmap
- The ability to work autonomously and explain results in a clear manner
- Strong enough high-level and common-sense thinking to not get lost in details, scrappiness and creativity to work with messy data, and the ability to tie data science problems to business problems
Please send your resume to recruiting@J2health.com to apply.
Disclaimer: $135-165K commensurate with experience plus equity
Interested? J2 Health is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. It is proven that women and people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you’re excited about the role’s responsibilities (and feel that you’ll knock it out of the park) but don’t have the exact qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply!
J2 Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, J2 Health complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. J2 Health expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.