At J2 Health, we know that healthcare is complicated and falls short of what consumers deserve. J2 wants to change that by focusing on transforming a critical and underserved part of the healthcare ecosystem– provider networks.
As individuals, it’s difficult to find the right doctor that meets our medical and personal needs, at affordable costs. Doing their best with unreliable data and disjointed manual processes, healthcare organizations struggle with this too as they decide which doctors should be included in-network on our health insurance plans.
J2 Health brings together best in class data and purpose built software to enable healthcare organizations to optimize provider network performance. We use our technology to power healthcare’s best networks and deliver highest value care to patients.
We’re a team of industry insiders and technologists backed by leading VC’s like Tiger Global, Primary Ventures & Greycroft. We are looking for like minded team members who are not afraid to get their hands dirty and interested in building a mission driven healthcare company.
This role reports to the Head of Engineering and the right candidate will have the opportunity to make a major impact on the software we build and the architectural decisions we make in delivering innovative data focused products to our customers. We have a preference for hybrid candidates in the New York City area but we are open to remote candidates in continental US time zones.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with other engineers and product managers to help our customers optimize their provider networks.
- Make impactful decisions regarding the development of high-quality, maintainable software, applying industry best practices.
- Engage in a culture of continuous learning, proactively seeking opportunities to enhance personal and team skills, fostering an environment of constant improvement.
- Work with the data science team to curate the highest quality and detailed dataset of doctors and their affiliations.
What makes candidates a great fit:
- 4+ years of experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer
- You enjoy working in cross-functional teams, collaborating closely with product, data, and other areas of the business
- You value automated testing and implementing good testing practices (unit tests, test-driven development)
- You are comfortable with agile processes (e.g. XP, Scrum, Kanban) and engineering practices (e.g. CI/CD, test-driven development, pair programming)
- You approach problems in a thoughtful way — you value simplicity, justify technical decisions and articulate tradeoffs
Please send your resume to [email protected] to apply.
Base Compensation: 150,000- 180,000 as commensurate with on experience
Interested? J2 Health is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. It is proven that women and people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you’re excited about the role’s responsibilities (and feel that you’ll knock it out of the park) but don’t have the exact qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply!
J2 Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, J2 Health complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. J2 Health expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Job Location: New York City